Meeting Moved from Feb 9, 2017 to Feb 16, 2017 (Due to Weather Conditions)
Investing in Emerging Growth & Cashflow Markets and Entity Structures
Alternative Markets for the Overpriced New York Rental Property Market
Are you a New Investor with limited cash or credit?
Are you an Experienced Investor tired of poor returns in overpriced markets?
Are you a burnt out landlord looking to explore other real estate business models?
Join a panel of real estate investors and real estate business owners in a lively and interactive discussion on emerging out-of-state markets with low entry points and partnership opportunities and which entity structures are best for your business strategy.
WHY DO OUR INVESTORS INVEST OUTSIDE OF NEW YORK?
The main reason our members decide to invest in property out of state is that the return on investment (ROI) may be better than the New York Tri-State. Purchase prices, appreciation rates, mortgage expenses (if any), taxes, housing regulations, rental market conditions and more also are factors that might be more favorable in another state and will contribute to a property's potential ROI.
MARKET OVERVIEWS TO BE DISCUSSED
• Florida has 1,200 to 1,800 miles of coast line.
• No place in Florida is further than 60 miles from the coast.
• NO State income tax in Florida
• Rapid Real Estate Appreciation Rates. (#1 State in the US)
• Fastest Growing State in the US.
• Huge Demand for Affordable Housing.
Indianapolis, Indiana (Highest Job Growth in the Midwest)
• Ranked the #1 most affordable place to own real estate. (Forbes Magazine)
• Unemployment below national average.
• Highest job growth in the Midwest.
• Properties up to 20% below market value.
• 3-Year appreciation forecast of 9.0%.
• High rental rates relative to property price.
• Affordable housing in non-bubble market.
• 9 Fortune 500 companies. (ie FedEx, AutoZone)
• 43% of Memphis rents vs. 33% nationally.
• Cost of living ~10% below U.S. average.
• Properties 10% - 30% below market value.
• 3-Year appreciation forecast of 9.4%.
Real estate investing is a relatively simple business, but mistakes can create massive challenges if you try to do everything yourself or lack knowledge about the area and the local economic market conditions.
Every seasoned investor has made all of these mistakes. The best investors just make them less often than everyone else. In any housing market, there are moneymaking opportunities, so join us so avoidable mistakes don’t slow you down!
Quick Facts About Our Main Event (Monthly Meeting)
What: The REIA NYC Main Event (Monthly Meeting)
When: 2nd Thursday of each month from 6:00 PM til 10:00 PM
Where: TRYP By Wyndham Times Square South; 345 W 35th St, New York, NY 10001
Who: Real Estate Investors, Agents & Entrepreneurs
Why: To learn, network, market, help others, prosper & have fun!
Cost: REIA NYC Basic Members $25 Online ($35 onsite) / Guests $35 Online ($45 onsite) - FREE for Core & Premium Members
Wear: Dress for success!
Bring: A smile, positive attitude, enthusiasm, biz cards, flyers & a friend
Parking: Garage parking